Thursday, November 5, 2009

the silver cord

I know I'm supposed to be writing about things like how those Yankees and Phillies are doing and how about that Glenn Beck, huh? and is democracy a viable proposition and have you checked the price of bread lately and what are we going to do about Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chile, Pakistan, the Blue Dogs, the Tea Baggers, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Libertarians, Joe Lieberman, unemployment, social security, hair loss, mass murderers, the abysmal education system, global warming, the sun being extinguished at some point, how meat is processed, and whether Fox News or any of the other news is really news, and who is having a baby by whom when, and so on, and so on, but all I can seem to write about is my/our relationship with our Source and the state of our consciousness.

I have been out of step with the rest of humankind as long as I can remember. My concerns are not other people's concerns.

If I could just make this final break with any concern at all with what the world conjures up, I would be gone, gone beyond, totally gone. "If ever the silver cord would break. . . ."

3 comments:

  1. George,

    It's a difficult thing being an alienated human being, being out of step with the rest. It's difficult, because you still care about those you love despite the fact that your attempts to show them reality have fallen on deaf ears and blind eyes. If humanity were kinder, more empathic, and less greedy, it wouldn't be so difficult to follow the path we must eventually follow because we wouldn't have to remember those we leave behind or be concerned about their welfare. Perhaps we shouldn't be concerned about their welfare since their essence is immortal, but that is what it means to be human. The next step is to go beyond human to transhuman, but you know that better than me.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who experiences these feelings of being disconnected from the rest of the world. I try to get interested in politics or current events but I'm too obsessed with the esoteric to look back into the mundane world.

    I guess we just have to keep on dancing to the beat of a different drum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to each of you, John, Kathy, Sophia! It helps to get these things off the chest every once in a while. I appreciate your loving understanding. Like Sophia says, may we keep on dancing to that drum.

    ReplyDelete