Tuesday, November 10, 2009

phantoms of the mind

All consciousness states are phantasies (phantoms of the mind). We cannot not phantasize. Unless.

And only a small percentage of earth's population has ever even attempted this unless route. It occurs only with a combination of one's intent and willingness and the grace of the universe, of God, our Source. This is the report of the spiritual explorers of consciousness states, the intranauts, the teachers whose explorations I follow, and at whose findings I place my base camp and whose tracks I follow.

As for me, I am still a phantasy addict, moving in and out of them, learning as I go. The Source is gracious, allowing more and more room, more space between them. I dwell more and more in bare naked awareness.

My phantasies have always been less of a personal nature, anyway, and more on a cosmic scale. But a phantasy is a phantasy is a phantasy. And this is where we humans live. Phantastic!

4 comments:

  1. George,

    Addicted indeed. Me too! But I know what you mean about the gracious Source extending more and more space, or some space more and more often. Different names for the same thing, as the song goes.

    In the meantime, intent, will and Grace is an amazing combination when we get it right. For me it often is like a recipe I know by heart but forget the proportions when I am mixing up the batter. Sometimes the results are better than others.

    And so the phantasies role on! Their lessons point in the same direction but in different ways reminding me: let go, don't judge, embrace what Is, breathe in, breathe out. Ahhhhhhh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. From just s literal perspective, "un-less" = "more."

    ReplyDelete