Thursday, October 29, 2009

foot fetish

This sliced and reconstructed foot has been a blessing. Non-weight-bearing, it has been calling the shots, defoliating the peacock plumage of my magnificence and revealing the subservience of the plucked chicken underneath. I go where it wants to go (primarily nowhere) and at its pace -- a slow lurching forward of the walker with definite rest stops required. (Those ads for Geezer Scooters are starting to have appeal.) My butt is getting wider (extended sitting) and more muscular (skootching on its cheekiness up and down stairs); my shoulders and arms becoming hewn oak.

Today is the day though. My foot will breathe air once again and I will get to see its new format. Maybe then a boot will be affixed for weight-bearing maneuvers with crutches and maybe even a cane (I have several ready for road testing) and some skipping and cavorting!

The plucked chicken may grow new plumage yet!

1 comment: