Wednesday, April 17, 2013

the simultaneous and the sequential

We live as the finite and the infinite. Considering the finite as the horizontal world, the world of everyday doodah, and the infinite as the vertical, with its above (supra awareness) and its below (sub awareness), we are caught in the cross hairs of the combo of the two, +.

We are the simultaneous (vertical) and the sequential (horizontal). We are the simultaneous embodying within and as the sequential. We are the sequential seeking the simultaneous. We are sequential simultaneity.

In music language (thanks, Thomas Mann!), we are each a chord and its melody; the chord of course being the simultaneity and the melody being the sequential. The particular chord I am is playing out its constituent notes over time as the melody of my horizontal life.

We could even go so far as to say that the combined chord of all life (not just the humanimals) is playing out over time (time and space are the same) as a Grand Symphony, the musical harmony of the spheres with its chords and dischords, the Grand Music of the Ages and the Eternal Now.

If the chord I am contains the notes of the melody of my life, am I foreordained with no variation? No. I am also the composer in that I can rise into the Above of the chord and also sink into the Below, now emphasizing one, then the other, playing the notes of the depths of the abyss and sounding the heights of the heavenly.

I find the greatest joy comes in letting go, allowing the Great Composer to play "me."

6 comments:

  1. These words resonate deeply for me, George. Becoming more aware of the quality of energy I am broadcasting each day, I am beginning to pick up the feeling of the changes in resonate vibration.

    At times I am a major seventh chord being gently arpegiated, while at other times I am an augmented 5th played in the wrong measure among the wrong notes creating dissonance.

    This can be felt. The feeling can be recognized. The recognition allows for adjustement. The adjustment process requires becoming centered, emptying any preconceived notions and then opening with loving kindness to what may follow. The Grand Conductor revises the score in sweetness beyond belief. I continue resonating, but now light fills me up. The sensation is beyond words.

    Sorry to ramble. Your words are just a great fit for what I am going through right now. As always, thanks for shining the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to hear your expression of you, Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. musical analogy is beautiful!
    b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A marvelous analogy, George. As always, thank you for so generously sharing you learnings. --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music and thus the chords that make it does not exist without the silence between the notes. We all have our unique notes, but maybe the way we grow is by paying attention to and adjusting the silence between the notes. Ron, aka Littlegeezer

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete