Monday, November 9, 2009

one foot hopping

What is the sound of one foot hopping?
George's 20th day using a walker.
Poor baby!

Tomorrow, maybe, pins protruding from 2 of the toes
on the "corrugated" foot will be removed and this
bandage that has been on since the inception of God
will be removed. Maybe the doc will even take the staples
or roofing nails or whatever they use these days out too.

Then I can perhaps begin the process of flattening out this
reconstructed mass into a serviceable weight-bearing unit
and begin visiting my wino and street-bum friends downtown again.

If I sound whiny, I would prefer that
you recontextualize it as impatience.

I know. I know. There are many a lot worse off.
But this is the life I am in charge of
and this is the one I want back on the road.

8 comments:

  1. be one with the walker! :-) (((Hugs))) wishing you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I do appreciate that walker. It's a great invention. Thank you for the well wishing. I just needed to vent a little (and thoroughly enjoyed it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother George,
    I saw a great motorized LazyBoy on ebay the otherday. The OLD fellow that was selling it had been ticketed for speeding, DUI or driving without a license or some other anti-aging offense :)
    That said, glad to hear you whining.
    Brother Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. A motorized LazyBoy! Now you're talking! Get you one too, Dick, and we'll do some cross-country escapading. I'm sure the two of us together could get into some unforeseen and hitherto-unheard of mischief. Thanks for the tip and for the whining encouragement. Love to you, my good Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. George, Whining from you is more enlightening and entertaining than a treatise from most. Get well. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK George, how fast are you with the walker yet? My record was a 12 minute mile. Walk baby walk! LG

    ReplyDelete
  7. LG, you are and always have been an inspiration!!! So appreciative of being on the planet with you! Love, Bubba, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending my love your way, George. You are in my heart and in my prayers.

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete