Tuesday, October 6, 2009

memo to myself

Keep opening to this! --

He sees in the darkest dark, hears where there is no sound. In the midst of darkness, he alone sees the dawn; in the midst of the soundless, he alone hears harmony. Therefore, in depth piled upon depth he can spy out the thing; in spirituality piled upon spirituality he can discover the essence. So in his dealings with the ten thousand things he supplies all their wants out of total nothingness. -- Chuang Tzu

I see the dawn in the darkest dark.
I hear harmony where there is no sound.
I see the essence no matter the depth
and cleverness of the obfuscations.
I deal effectively and well
with the ten thousand things
by being as nothing.
I do this by giving myself totally
to the Way and its Virtue.

4 comments:

  1. How to give oneself totally to the Way...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How to give oneself totally to the Way...?" By being as no thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. treesha, you are alive and well! I like your dog blog.

    ReplyDelete