Monday, October 12, 2009

is you is or is you ain't my baby

Now I know you have far more important things to think about than your own consciousness, but stay with me for a moment here. How can you actualize your potentiality? I do not mean how can you produce more widjits. Nor am I speaking of taking educational courses or attending an endless series of Zam-Bam-Wowie Seminars.

Your consciousness is one of a few billion human consciousnesses on the planet. Then there are the zillions of non-human consciousnesses (those we label and dismiss as animals, plants, insects, etc.). And the multi-zillions of trans-human consciousnesses of those who have gone before us and continue going on.

Never mind those. You really have trouble in believing in them anyway. You only have eyes for you. So I ask again. How can and do you actualize your consciousness potential?

We 21st century humans divide the world automatically and un-conscious-ly into subject (that would be you), object (everything you perceive as not you), and verb (what you do to and with all the objects and what you perceive all the objects do to and with you).

Take a leap for a moment. What is the greatest verb? The greatest verb is is. Without is, there are no other verbs.

To actualize the potentiality of your consciousness, of the consciousness that you are, drop the subject (I, I, I), cease object-ing (turning all not perceived as you into objects, even if they are objects of your affection), and open to Is. (Bucky Fuller said it long ago, with his "I seem to be a verb.")

Thomas Aquinas nailed it too, with his "no potentiality is actualized save by that which is in act." And the Zen dudes and dudesses certainly agree with that.

No subject. No object. Only the Great Verb. Is.

The thick hull of separative consciousness so carefully nurtured as protection but which imprisons breaks open. All potential stirs with great release.

Here is the exciting part. I'll state it baldly. Our consciousness opens to God's consciousness. Our consciousness is a subset of God's consciousness (and I speak not here of some white-bearded floater in the sky). The is we are extends into Is. And Is is all the is there is. Unlimited potential here. This is the journey we are on.

3 comments: